Every homeowner knows how difficult it can be affording the monthly payments on their home. Heating, cooling, electricity, and sewage. The list goes on and on. So, when it comes to tightening the budget, every penny counts. One great way to cut back and decrease your home’s cooling cost is by installing energy efficient windows. Energy efficient windows are a great investment that can yield a lot of savings in just a short amount of time. Here are some great ways in which energy efficient windows can help lower your home’s cooling cost.
- Installing storm windows will add another layer of defense in preventing air conditioned air from escaping. This way, your air conditioner will not have to work as hard to consistently keep your home cool. The less your air conditioner runs, the less money you will spend on cooling your home.
- Replacing old single pane windows with energy efficient double pane windows is another great way of lowering your home cooling cost. By absorbing less heat from the sun than a single pane window, double pane windows effectively repel warm air.
- Energy efficient windows have a solar control coating on them which actively allows heat in when needed and blocks it out when not needed. These windows are great at reducing costs of both heating and cooling.
- A lot of homeowners don’t take into consideration the window frame when thinking of ways to lower their cooling costs. A window frame is just as important as the window itself. Wooden frames have been shown to be better at insulating the home than traditional vinyl frames.
- One property of windows that should be given thought is what fills the space in between an energy efficient double paned window. Windows filled with argon gas have been proven to reduce cooling costs by repelling hot air. Other gases do not perform as well in heating and cooling tests.
There are many ways in which homeowners can reduce their monthly costs. Installing energy efficient windows is often an overlooked facet of home maintenance. By picking the right style and window, it is possible to lower home cooling costs. Energy efficient windows are able to block hot air in the summer and insulate from cooler air in the winter. Investing in energy efficient windows can help save in both the short and long run. In the matter of just five years, energy efficient windows will have paid for themselves.