As a general rule, all parts exposed when the window is closed should be washed down with warm soapy water (mild detergent), or a plastic cleaner.
Here are some other tips to keep those window frames tidy:
- Use a soft cloth, sponge or towel to avoid scratching.
- Rinse well with water.
- Over time, the exterior surface of window frames and doors may collect a layer of dirt, depending on environmental conditions. Rainfall will usually be sufficient to remove accumulated dirt.
- However, in places with smog, excess smoke, or dirt, the exterior surfaces should be cleaned regularly. A soft bristle brush or low-pressure spray cleaner are viable options.
- Avoid using high-powered washers, ammonia, abrasive cleaning agents, glass cleaners and tile cleaners – using these products over time will cause cracks.
- The pigments used in paint are almost identical to those used in vinyl. A little rubdown with Soft Scrub will bring your vinyl window back to its original brilliance.