Learn how we can help you save energy and make your home more comfortable
Home Efficiency Rebate Plus
There are a number of options for upgrading the energy efficiency of your windows. A total window and frame replacement with new, high-performance ENERGY STAR® certified windows or inserts can make your home more comfortable, save energy and help fight climate change. Learn more about replacing your windows.
Eligibility criteria for reimbursement:
- All equipment must be purchased in Canada.
- Online purchases are only eligible if they are ordered from an online distributor in Canada.
- The equipment must be on an eligible list below.
- Maintain the ENERGY STAR labels on your windows and doors until after your post-retrofit evaluation.
- A new window unit can be inserted into the existing frame of an old window, but replacements of only the glass, sash or door without a frame are not eligible.
- A maximum of up to $325 per window and door each to a cap of $10,600*
|Air Sealing||Air Sealing||Achieve 20% or more above base target.||$1,300|
|Achieve 10% or more above base target.||$1,050|
|Achieve base target.||$725|
|Window/door||Window / sliding door||Replace windows or sliding glass doors with ENERGY STAR® most efficient models:
– U-Factor of 1.05 W/m2K or less or
– Energy Rating of 40 or more
Replace windows or sliding glass doors with ENERGY STAR® certified models:
– U-Factor of 1.22 W/m2K or less or
– Energy Rating of 34 or more
|Door||Replace hinged doors, with or without sidelites or transoms with ENERGY STAR® certified models: – U-Factor of 1.22 W/m K or less or – Energy Rating of 34 or more||$175|
|Energy Assessment||Includes initial and follow-up visits.||Can only receive this once per premise, only paid out when both assessments are completed.||$600|
2 A rough opening is the structural framing in a wall or roof separating a heated from unheated space that creates an opening for the installation of a window, door or skylight. For example, a bay window with three window units installed into one rough opening is eligible for only one grant.
3 ENERGY STAR certified means that the model meets or exceeds the ENERGY STAR levels. Each certified model comes with a temporary label showing that the unit is ENERGY STAR certified.